Qigong for Adults Workshop
This 1-hour session will introduce you to the Asian art of Qigong (chee-gong). Come as you are - no yoga equipment, no prior experience, no work-out-clothes. Qigong involves a focus on gentle movements and breathing that will make you feel better. Join this free class and find out what it’s all about.
Qigong was created in Asia thousands of years ago, as a healing art which incorporates what we now know as martial arts, yoga, tai chi, acupuncture, acupressure, meditation, and Chinese medicine. It’s a great addition to your self-care routines, providing a calming yet energizing, low-impact-workout, great for any age, any ability, anyone who is anxious to maintain or improve their health.
What to expect
- Coordinated slow movements increase range of motion and release tension
- Rhythmic breathing, enhanced by movement, improves lung efficiency
- Meditation skills are developed while focusing on movement, breathing and imagery
- Yoga-like movements, done while standing, improve balance and stretch the body
- Healing energy is created by interaction of the mind, body, and breath
- Acupressure, applied at various locations, activates, and directs internal energy
For more information about Qigong classes, contact Steve Gilbert